Monday, May 16, 2011

Suggestions Before Buying a Segway

Laws & Insurance


I glide in NYC where I live and work, as do a few others. When local people ask where they can get one, I suggest that they check the laws in their state to make sure it's something that they want to do. Be cautious.

Also, look into Progressive insurance for Segways. This protects you and pedestrians. Credit to Martin at http://emrnyc.com/segway.htm for telling me about that. 

Glide responsibly, and you may not get a ticket. I haven't...yet. 


Questions & Advice

If you have questions, reach out to the community at SegwayChat. I've glided with some of them as a group, and they're very helpful both online and off.

Consult with them if buying a second-hand Segway, or just buy from Segway.com directly. Do not buy one from a random person on eBay without doing a lot of research.


No comments:

Post a Comment